Richard Wilson addresses the Deanery Synod about the task ahead of us as a mission agency for Bath – a collective of vibrant churches through which God brings 100’s of people into discipleship and life in Christ over the next few years. Calling the deanery to believe God for growth and blessing Richard encouraged us using the words of God to Joshua – “Be strong and courageous!” Feel free to use any of the resources – the powerpoint, the youtube video or the text – for getting the message out across the deanery – at PCC’s house groups or even Sunday mornings…
You can download the Script here : Deanery Synod Address – SEE / THINK / ACT – The Deanery as a mission agency
And the powerpoint slides here : Deanery Synod Adresss – POWERPOINT SLIDES
The questions we used to reflect together after coffee can be used by PCC’s, Leadership/Staff teams, Small Groups etc. Here they are:
- What do you think about the Deanery being a mission agency / mission team – a people on mission? What would we need to do to get this idea take root?
- What do you think about forming TASK GROUPS around key mission areas?
What key groups need our attention most?
- How can we engage the Deanery in Prayer together?
- How can we best combat isolation – both of leaders and of churches?
How can we improve communication and connections between each other?
- How can we better grow and train more leaders across the city?
What leadership training is required?
- In what ways could we work together more?
Are there any areas where a joint church plant could work?
Is there anywhere where a church could do with a reboot/inplant?
- What would be good ways of raising the level of our accountability for our discipleship vision and plans as Parishes and as Chaplaincies?